Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 217.

• Another New Tank

Vinny@Fauna Marin - - Fauna Marin Products

Beitrag

Use your corals as a gauge for any needed changes. If they begin to appear more pale, you can increase CE dosages by 25% for the colors that need it most. How many fishes do you have in your tank? - Feeding heavier is one way to increase NO3 within the 2-5ppm range.

• Yes, please do follow the Bak dosage guidelines. Since your NO3 is undetectable, I suggest adding only 50% of the recommended amount. Allowing NO3 to increase to 2-5ppm will allow your colors to improve.

• Hi, When dosing Blend and Therapy, it is best to use the 60/40 rule. Begin with the initial dose guidelines, calculate the recommended amount for your tank, then add: - 60% Blend (60% of the calculated dose) - 40% Therapy (40% of the calculated dose) What is your current NO3 level? This will help determine how much to dose.

• Hello, I suggest continuing with Zeolite media as you are already accustomed to the way it is used and maintained. Biopellet filtration is okay to use as a substitute for nutrient management, but will require more adjustments to the reactor and your FM Zeolight system products. The most straightforward way to start the new tank is to use the full-zeolight system with Zeolite media.

• Hi Gerlad, There are some carbon medias out there that are more harsh than others due to their super high surface area. These kinds of carbon should typically be used with care, making sure to not use too much because it may result in negatively affecting the fishes. If you are using a carbon such as Carb L, you can safely run it 24/7 as long as you do not add well over the recommended amount.

• Hi Zoltan, Yes, that dosing amount is correct if you are following the Prime Frag System. Dosing times are up to you.

• Another New Tank

Beitrag

Your tank is still very young. It is normal to see sudden algae blooms and patches here and there. This is just a normal phase as the tank begins to stabilize and mature. On the meantime, yes you can add 100g of Rowaphos. Just make sure to have slow flow going through the reactor.

• 150g is enough for your system.

• Since you're already dosing the products that make up the Zeo-Light System, here are the only changes I would make: Zeolite - 630g (Replace 75% every 4 weeks, shake media every 2 days) Carb L - 150g (Replace every 4 weeks) Ultra Min S - 0.5ml (Every 2 days) Reef Vitality - 1/2 capsule (Every 4 days) Coral Balance - 1 spoon (Every 4 days) Color Elements Green, Blue, Red - 10ml (Dose every 4 days) *** Do not dose on same day as RV dosage *** Bacto Reef Balls - 4 balls (Replaced every 2 weeks) Wate…

• New tank

Beitrag

Hi there, We find that a mixture of T5/LED works very good for SPS. Starting with good quality live rock will benefit the aquarium much more than dry rock. The dry rock may prolong the tank cycling phase and go through random algae outbreaks as the rock begins to mature.

• Another New Tank

Beitrag

Hi Al, Once your first set of corals (4-5 pcs) are added, you can begin the full zeo-light system, starting with 50% of the recommended amount. On the meantime, you can begin adding beneficial bacteria by adding Bacto Reef Balls to your system. This will introduce good bacteria which aids in the control of NO3 and PO4 while maintaining water clarity.

• Excuse us. We were away for the holidays. You can use both together, there's no problem there. You may however, need to start a 25% of the recommended dosage to see how the corals respond, then gradually increase every week. I would recommend starting with Coral Balance for 2-3 weeks at 50% of the recommended dose, then later introducing Reef Vitality.

• 1.After 3-4 weeks of having added the Maxima, check your Ca and Alk. Make adjustments if necessary. 2. Feeding CS when the lights are off is okay.

• Zeo-lite and UV

Beitrag

UV can break-down the beneficial bacteria which is used in consuming excess nutrients from the water column. It limits the overall nutrient reduction effectiveness of the Zeo-Light System.

• I would cut back on the Coral Sprint to only 1/2 spoon / 2x week. The darkening of tissue may be from excess CS being fed.

• HI there, As with any reef that starts the ZeoLight method, we recommend starting at 50% of the recommended dosage shown in our manual. This will allow your aquarium to slowly adjust to the new filtration method.

• Zeolite flow

Beitrag

Diluting it will cause an imbalance in the product.

• The dosing schedule looks good to me. Ultra Organic does have its benefits, some corals benefit more from this product than others. If you can recall which corals showed the most noticeable improvement after dosing Organic, keep an eye on those corals and stop dosing. If these coral's colors begin to lessen after 2 or 3 weeks, resume Organic.

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

When you dose Min S in water with higher nutrients, there are other things such as bacteria and algae which will consume MinS. As a result you would need a larger dose to reach the corals. With lower nutrients, it will take less MinS to benefit the coral. Start at 3ml per 1000L every 2 days.

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Glad to hear it! Your plans look good to me. I would not however discontinue Ultra MinS dosing as this supplement is providing key elements which are not present in CE or Organic. As nutrients continue to drop, you may need to adjust your MinS dosage. The lower the nutrients, the less MinS is needed. A typical sign of MinS overdosing is a green-ish film over the front and side tank walls within a day or two of dosing. Ultra Amin is optional. With NO3 at 10ppm, I would hold off adding this produc…