Ultra Organic does have its benefits, some corals benefit more from this product than others. If you can recall which corals showed the most noticeable improvement after dosing Organic, keep an eye on those corals and stop dosing. If these coral's colors begin to lessen after 2 or 3 weeks, resume Organic.
I have noticed coral colours starting to darken over the last week.
I made 2 changes to my system. Bit of a schoolboy error, I should have made only 1 change, sorry.
These changes were
1. Started dosing 1/2 spoon CS x3 week
2. Increased organics dose from 2ml to now 3.5ml daily.
Check the clam for any pests or tears on the mantle. Does it still react when you move your hand over it?
The pastel look is personal preference and is typically achieved by limiting the food available to SPS coral and reducing nutrients even further. Keep in mind that some corals may not transition well in further nutrient depleted water. From what I can see in the photo, your colors are looking healthy and not starved. Did you ever start dosing Ultra Organic?
Increasing CE Blue and CE Red by 25% will help strengthen your colors some more. Dosing Organic will also help improve the coloration of your Pocillopora, Stylophora, and Seriatopora.
How many hours are you running your peak lighting schedule?
Have you noticed more consistent growth lately?
It is definitely possible to run BB tanks for the long-term.
If you do decide to add sand, 2-3mm grain size is best. We also suggest you use real coral sand and not the artificial sand because it tends to cause issues with the aquarium chemistry.
1. I don’t think the clam likes the amount of flow in the tank. No pests and mantle does react when out.
2. I did dose organic for a very short spell but stopped as I kept forgetting. Should I start back up daily dosing? How much do you suggest? (I dose 0.4ml MinS daily)
3. I am dosing 14ml CE all same x2 weekly. So should I leave green dose at 14ml and increase red and blue to 17ml each.
4. I also started Coral sprint but stopped because I thought RV was feeding coral already. Should I start this back up also or will it further darken my corals?
5. Peak lighting is 6 hours per day. With 3 hour ramp up and down. Growth (alk demand) has actually dropped massively since removal of crushed coral substrate. I don’t know why, perhaps the substrate was using it. I hope it will pick up again soon.
3. Green colors look good to me. You can maintain the current CE Green dose and increase only CE Red and Blue.
4. RV and CS do feed corals, but in a different way. CS is a direct food source, whereas RV breaks down existing organics into a consumable food source. Start adding 50% of the recommended CS amount. Adding too much of this product will darken up colors. That's why it is best to start with low dosages and steadily increase until you see what your corals need.
5. Increase the peak lighting to 7 hours and hold for 2 weeks, then increase again by 1 hour for a total of 8 hour peak period. The increase of lighting duration will very likely increase the ALK consumption so do test every week to make sure your KH level remains stable.