Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 49.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Nitrate not going down

Kilo - - Fauna Marin Products

Beitrag

Hi Claude, My last measured PO4 was 0.132ppm. i was planning on changing my GFO tomorrow to bring down PO4 i don't have a iodine tester. how is iodine related to nitrate? regards

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Vinny, I have increased the dose to 1.25ml and bought a new RV bottle. 6 days now with no reduction. Will continue to monitor. Will be cleaning up my sump tank, in case there is some build-up Another question: I have Aiptasia problem. What would be your recommendation to overcome this? Thanks

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Vinny, My NO3 got high and is at 25ppm. Trying to get back it down again. Currently I put 8bacto balls and change it every 10days. I dose 1ml ultra bak daily. 15% water change every week. How high of a ultra bak dose can I go for a150litre? Or high dose of ultra bak has no impact as Long o increase the dose gradually? Thanks

• Reef Vitality shelf life

Beitrag

Vinny, What is the shelf life of a bottle of RV? I bought a bottle of 60 capsules in April 2017. Left 1/4 now. Is it expired now and effective? I stored the bottle in a cabinet in room temperature ~ 27 deg C.

• Help with acan

Beitrag

Vinny, I have stabilised the alkalinity with a doser from 7.3 to 7.7. But my LPS are still continuing to lose their tissue. My acans are totally dying and only 1 manage to survive. Lost my lobo and 1 brain Now my scolly and acan Hillae is showing their skeleton. My chalice was also affected by I dipped it and looks like it’s growing again. Hundreds of dollars gone. I had have this corals for more than 6 months My SPS corals are all looking good. So I don’t think it’s a water issue I have not bee…

• Help with acan

Beitrag

Vinny My daily consumption is 40ml Last weekend I measure regularly to understand when the KH will drop. Here’s what I monitored Day 1 10.30am 7.3 5.20pm 7.15 Add 20ml at 5.25pm 6.30pm 7.45 10.25pm 7.3 Day 2 12.57am 7.15 Add 20ml at 1am 1.50am 7.7 10.45am 7.45 2.45pm 7.45 4.35pm 7.15 9.20pm 7 Add 20ml 9.27 pm 10.35pm 7.3 Add 20ml 10.55pm 11.40pm 7.7 pH Can advice how to schedule the doser? Correct me if I am wrong, I should dose from 6 am to 12am (18 hrs) hourly 40ml ~ 2.2ml /hr.

• Advice on water analysis report

Beitrag

Vinny, Need advice on the tank water parameters Pls advice

• Advice on water analysis report

Beitrag

Hi Vinny, I got my water analysis report and there are some findings that would need your advice on improving pls see attached image Some that look off are Micronutrient 1) Lithium 2) Iodine 3) Molybdenum Main Element 4) Calcium 5) Boron 6) Strontium Pollutants 7) Aluminum Nutrients Phosphorus

• Help with acan

Beitrag

Vinny, I was rearranging my acans and noticed the creepy crawler underneath the acan. could these be the culprits? I dipped all the acans and sucked up the sand around the area where the acans were. Moved the acan to a low flow area. i will still continue to look at my kH

• Help with acan

Beitrag

From 6am to 7pm, KH drops from 7.7 to 6.85. In a day I dose 60ml now. Will start off the doser on 24hr schedule. I did not dip the acans. Should I dip now?

• Help with acan

Beitrag

I try to keep my KH at 7.7. Was Dosing manually once a day Two week ago measure KH to be 6.1. I only measure KH every week. Tried to bring up KH back to 7.7 slowly Found KH consumption increased. Previously was 22ml/day Now 6am I add 30ml, evening I add 20ml. All other coral got no issue. Only acan I will try to start my doser asap

• Help with acan

Beitrag

Vinny, My acans are losing it’s flesh. I had them for couple of months but recently started to see the flesh is gone. In the last one month, I only started on coral sprint and carb l. Adjusted the wave maker abit. Can advice what how be the cause? Pls see picture in attachment All my parameters are in place Thanks

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Vinny, Can help explain this statement you mentioned above. “The lower the nutrients, the less MinS is needed” Thought it should be the other way round, higher the nutrient, the less minS is needed What would you recommend on the starting dosage and frequency? Thanks

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Hi Vinny, Finally I feel diatom issue is under control. From 100% sand covered with diatom , now it’s about 10%. NO3 at 10ppm. PO4 at 0.034ppm . Both tested last night. Waiting for my BRB to arrive to increase number of balls. My aim is to reduce it to 5ppm. Added 0.5kg of siporax, cleaned my skimmer and controlling water level. Skim mates are more dark and foul smelling indicating better nutrient export. Lesson learnt, clean your skimmer regularly Cleaned & repositioned power heads for better f…

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Vinny Well, finally found my issue is diatom and also found my JBL nitrate test kit was show wrong value. Bought a salifert and nitrate was 10ppm. PO4 is 0.034ppm . Diatoms are this there but Not as bad as 2 weeks back. Tried to increase more flow but the sand flies everywhere and get shifted Increased ultrabak to max dose but cyrno start to come and cut the half. I want to reduce nitrate to at least 5ppm but it’s tough. Any advice on this? Also suspecting my skimmer I’d not performing well. I a…

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Zitat von Vinny@Fauna Marin: „Zitat von Kilo: „When you say Dino has string-like appearance, does that mean they float upwards in a string like manner with bubbles on TOP? Dino can trap air bubbles so yes. I will assume its diatom first. I will perform a water change and black out the tank for 24 hrs. I will try to get a fighting or tiger conch. At the same time I believe my rockscape is also leaching silicate. Thought of using SERA marin silicate clear. If silicates are the cause, then this wou…

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Zitat von gettingthere: „if they don't munch up those brown stuff then its not on their diet. Can you bring them back to the shop, if they don't eat they starve to death..... again, a 100% confirmation is only possible via microscope. “ Can higher end kids microscope do the job?

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Zitat von gettingthere: „4 are too many I guess but perhaps you can feed them with some seaweed? Do you have a veterinary somewhere nearby you, they definitely have a microscope to check out and you could use your hand phone to make a pic but perhaps a vet might be able to identify the species. coming back your other post, do they regroup after swirling? “ there is alot of ‘brown stuff’ for them. The fighting conch are just not touching them. On the first try, they regroup but subsequent swirlin…

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Zitat von gettingthere: „Hi Kilo, that looks like cyano ,typically they come in red slimy version, to me. does this patch come back after you siphon it out? I didn't read about your rockwork is made of ceramic but then yes that could leach silicate and diatoms are driven by silicate. there is a invertebrate named "fighting conch - strombus alatus" they are voracious diatom and algae eater. perhaps you can get more information on the net about this animal and then try to get one. I personally wou…

• Nitrate not going down

Beitrag

Vinny, Thanks for your reply. I scooped up the brown algae and smelled it. It smelled like my filter sock so I really don't know. When you say Dino has string-like apprearance, does that mean they float upwards in a string like manner with bubbles on TOP? I agree there are 1 or 2 patches of red cyano. Took it , wiped it on a towel, and its Maroon Color. Someone in another forum mentioned , take the algae , put it in a cup and stir it. If it clump back, it's Dino. See attached I will assume its d…