Suchergebnisse

Suchergebnisse 1-20 von insgesamt 62.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Hi vinny I have done as your advice and colours are starting to return. I have made an observation over the last 6 months. I have much more floating particles in the display tank and much more particulates in the gravel. Even though the system is cleaned and the gravel vacuumed once a month. The sump also has lots of 'detritus' settled even though I have a fleece roller on the system. My theory is that this is not detritus, it is in-fact Coral Balance that has settled to the bottom of the tanks …

• hi vinny I have stuck to my dosing regime as you advised. I have noticed something however over the last few months. My algae in the tank has worsened over the last 3 months. I have persistent algae growth in my water pumps. Even after I physically remove, within the week more has grown on them. In addition the gravel has gone an ugly, dull greenish brown colour. It is not cyno but clearly algae that is being allowed to grow in the system. SPS colours also browned and drab. My glass and rockwork…

• Thank you

• UltraBio - Keep in the Fridge?

vikz - - Fauna Marin Products

Beitrag

Hi, as the title suggests, Ultra Bio once opened does it need to be kept in the fridge or at room temperature?

• Hi vinny Just a thought, now that I have less coral bio-mass. When I start restocking, they will also be frags so not the same bio-mass to consume nutrients. Do you suggest I use some Ultra Bio + Bak to help assist nutrient removal whilst the corals are small? I was thinking of these options: 1. Stop RV and CB and MinS. Use Bak+Bio until the coral mass has increased sufficiently to manage nutrients (approx 1-2 months) 2. Continue RV and CB but at half my current dose. With addition of Daily Bak …

• Hi vinny, Major Update. Everyhing in the tank was going well. But I kept finding lots of bite marks on my Acropora from AEFW. So after some research and lots of advice from my lfs. I removed all the acropora from my tank in an effort to starve and kill the worms once and for all. My acropora are all in a seperate quarantine tank. The acropora made up around 80-90% of my corals. I have stopped dosing CE since the removal as I was unsure of the dosages now for such small volume of corals. I added …

• Switching from Aquaforest back to FM

Beitrag

Thank Vinny, It is because I have seen some stunning FM tanks with 1-2ppm of Nitrate, in which certain acro's display 2/3 different colours in the same animal as opposed to simple 1/2 colours. I do not dose any BAK in the system. Increasing bactoballs in my experience really does nothing at all. Do you suggest I start adding a carbon source or perhaps double the BRB to 28??

Beitrag

Hi vinny Some more advice please. I have kept my dosing as per your recommendations. My current levels Alk -7.3 Mg- 1320 Ca-380 K-380 No3 -5ppm Po4 -0.03ppm I use bactoballs but in all honesty I dont think they do anything. Once my last tub finishes I wont be buying any new ones Is there anyway to bring nitrate down to around 1-2ppm??

• Hi vinny Thanks for your kind words and support. 1. I don’t think the clam likes the amount of flow in the tank. No pests and mantle does react when out. 2. I did dose organic for a very short spell but stopped as I kept forgetting. Should I start back up daily dosing? How much do you suggest? (I dose 0.4ml MinS daily) 3. I am dosing 14ml CE all same x2 weekly. So should I leave green dose at 14ml and increase red and blue to 17ml each. 4. I also started Coral sprint but stopped because I though…

• hi vinny, quick update, all corals seem to be happy and settled using my dosing regime. My clam however does not seem to like my tank, he does not settle or open his mantle up. Maybe I have too much flow for it. I will look to move it on to another reefer. I have removed all my substrate, slowly over a period of 3 weeks. The tank is now bare bottom. It looks nice for now, until it starts to get covered in coralline. I was thinking of adding larger substrate so it does not blow around as much, bu…

• Preparing CarbL

Beitrag

Thanks Claude.

• Preparing CarbL

Beitrag

Hi guys, Quick question. When preparing CarbL. 1.Do you use boiled Tapwater or Boiled RODI water? 2. Why must it be left in boiled water overnight?

Beitrag

Hi vinny I have cut dosing as advised. Colours seem to be returning, thank you. 1. I have also recently added a large T. Maxima to the tank. Do I need to make any adjustments to my dosing schedule as a result? 2. When is the best time to dose CS? Currently I dose in morning when lights are off. But is there a better time, e.g during photoperiod or sunset etc.

Beitrag

Hi vinny. I have noticed coral colours starting to darken over the last week. I made 2 changes to my system. Bit of a schoolboy error, I should have made only 1 change, sorry. These changes were 1. Started dosing 1/2 spoon CS x3 week 2. Increased organics dose from 2ml to now 3.5ml daily. What do you suggest to bring things back inline?

Beitrag

great, thank you vinny. I will incorporate the following routine now M - RV T - CS W - CB and CE (not dosed simultaneously) T - CS F - RV S - CS and CE (not dosed simultaneously) S - CB Along with daily MinS (automated) Does the above look ok, or should I change anything. Is it possible to stop dosing Ultra Organics as it is often another thing to remember and I would prefer to keep things as simple as possible? or will my corals suffer as a result?

Beitrag

Can CS be dosed on the same day as CE? What are the signs of overdosing?

Beitrag

Thanks vinny. How does alkalinity affect colouration, could you please explain? Will I benefit from introducing coral sprint? If yes how much and when?

Beitrag

Hi Guys, Just giving an update and asking for some more advice please. So everything in the tank has been running stable for some months now. I dropped my dosages of CB and RV as suggested by vinny and increased feeding corals. Things seem much more stable now. My goal is now to create the best possible colouration I can for the SPS and would like some advice on how to do this. I have seen some amazing tanks in the FM facebook group and I would love to get my tank to that level. Corals are healt…

Beitrag

Thanks vinny Coral Colouration and health by and large seems really good compared to before. I have today noticed something new. Some acro have had poor polyp extension and colouration with stripping from base. Upon inspection and removal, I suspect AEFW. But I have seen no eggs and the RTN is from the middle of corals rather than the base up which is normally the case. I was planning on dipping the coral using FM Dip and scraping away any eggs if found. I have added a picture of an acro and tak…

• Ok Vinny So I am now dosing: 0.04ml MinS Daily 2ml Organic Daily 0.5 RV x2 weekly 2sp CB x2 weekly 10ml CE x2 weekly I was looking to reduce the bactoballs from 18 to 14 on the next change as I get white film on the glass often and the balls are now shrinking at a much slower rate. Or should I keep 18 balls?